Monday 28 October 2013

A Preparation of Sorts!

After doing some catching up on blog reading, I have decided to sort out my characters' bags and banks in preparation for what ever may be to come!

On many of my alts I'm already running out of space so today shall be dedicated to sorting out what can and can't be put in Void Storage, and shipping the rest off to the bank alt to see what profit can be made with the rest.

If all else fails, I may clear out the stash of Lootistics Island gear I have and once "used" vendor the results on each char for a tidy sum! (Though I may just farm more and do this anyway for fun and profit, and more coins towards that mount!)

This is how my bank alt's bags and banks last looked:







As you can see, apart from a ton of Timeless Isle gear, I have a boat load of not very useful stuff.

So the goal over the coming weeks/months shall be to rid myself of the clutter that I no longer need/have use for, and to start hoarding various trade materials that will likely still sell quite well in the coming weeks/months. Then I will actually remember to log on my banker occasionally and even list some auctions!

With the help of a friend actually looking after gold for me at the end of Cataclysm, I managed to come into Mists with a nice sum of gold behind me, so much in fact that in the time it took me to hit 90 I had enough for my Grand Yak. However this time round I need to do this on my own.

I've always had a bit of a lazy attitude when it comes to gold, i generally have enough on each character to cover their repairs if needed and buy food etc, but generally not massive amounts. As an example most of my alts generally run around with roughly 200 gold on them.

Even my "main" character generally doesn't have much more. In fact I possibly have around 5000g overall currently, and that includes low level alts.

Gold making has never been a priority for me, and I find that if I do end up with a large chunk of gold, I tend to spend it quite quickly on companion pets, gear for the alts, things I don't need but look fun, so its a very fluid commodity for me with me generally spending slightly more than I make back in any one session.

However this has never impinged on my enjoyment of the game and I always have enough for the things that my characters need at any given time. No I may not be able to go out and afford the latest craftable gear, but my characters will always be gemmed and enchanted from my small army of alts that have all of the professions covered. I've even levelled up a second engineer, but I did it the old fashioned way by going out and mining all the ores that I needed until I had enough to proceed further with my training.

Ideally, I would like to have a stash of around 50k by the time the next expansion hits, but with so many mounts that I can buy for gold that I still don't own because of the cost (I'm looking at you http://www.wowhead.com/item=85262, and you http://www.wowhead.com/item=89304, not to mention http://www.wowhead.com/item=44235 and all the JC crafted mounts!)

So my aim is to make gold, but also to try NOT to spend it!

I think I need some luckydo!

No comments:

Post a Comment