Monday 11 November 2013

Hunter Talents

One thing that it took me a while to track down were the level 100 talents for hunters!



I had seen the ones for Death Knights (Defile and Necrotic Plague being two of them! Om Nom!) but had only managed to spy one for hunters until the day after Blizzcon.

Obviously, its very early days and this is subject to change etc. etc. but as it stands currently these are what have been announced as the level 100 talents for hunters:


Bola Shot: 30 focus. 40-yard range. Instant. Fires a bola at the target which wraps around them, and after 1 second it explodes, dealing 3000 fire damage to them. Adds an additional 2000 fire damage to all enemies within 5 yards. Replaces Arcane Shot.
Snipe: 40-yard range. 2.77-second cast. Carefully line up the perfect shot, dealing 150% weapon damage. Generates 60 focus. Cannot be cast while moving. Replaces Steady Shot and Cobra Shot.Beast Mastery and Survival: Also refreshes Serpent Sting.Marksmanship: Also triggers Steady Focus.
With Or Without YouBeast Mastery -- Versatility: Passive. Increases the effect of your pet's Combat Experience to 70% increased damage. Your pet now gains the following abilities, regardless of spec: Rabid, Spiked Collar, Thunderstomp, Blood of the Rhino, Great Stamina, Bullheaded, Cornered, and Bull's Speed.Marksmanship and Survival -- Lone Wolf: Passive. Increases all damage dealt by 30% when you don't have a pet active.

Now two of these especially are of interest to me personally, and they would be Bola Shot and With or Without You.

I'm not going to lie, my interest in Bola Shot is mainly because of the ability with the same name that my Demon Hunter uses in Diablo 3 ^^ Still, it will be interesting to see how that works in WoW.

As for With or Without You - all my hunters are main spec Beast Mastery. I've never (personally) wanted to play without my pet, yet this talent intrigues me. It looks as though its going to be nie for BM hunters anyway, but the "Lone Wolf" passive for MM and SV intrigues me also. I may have to switch one of my hunters to one of those specs to try it out!

The BM part of it giving pets all the abilities will be an interesting thing to see how it works. DPS pets with Thunderstomp? Tank pets with Rabid? Nom nom! I shall certainly be looking out for a PTR and seeing if I can test these out any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment