Monday 5 August 2013

Avoiding LFR Like a Pro



Still avoiding most of LFR at the moment. This week so far I have only done the last part on my hunter. However, I've decided to actually get a move on and start bringing the rest of my alts through there.

First through today was my mage! She's been sitting at 485 ilvl pretty much since just after hitting 90. She's been out and about more lately as I tend to do all my pet battling on her, just for the ease of travel more than anything.

So as well as finishing the first part of Throne of Thunder LFR this morning (and getting a very shiny weapon upgrade!) she also still managed to fit in some pet battles:


I'm really enjoying these Pet Safari achievements, just need two in Eastern Kingdoms now, tho one needs rain on Jaquero Island, and the other is an Irradiated Cockroach, which there were none anywhere last time I ran a little gnome around Gnomeregan!

I then took her of to the Isle of Thunder and finally finished the solo scenarios and did her dailies


Just a few more days and she should be able to buy a very shiny cloak upgrade, then I just need to replace my Alchemist stone trinket.

I have also been sorting out transmogs! I'm toying with my cloth wearing Blood Elves all wearing the same outfit but in different colours.

This is what I have come up with so far (Warlock on the left, Mage in the middle, Priest on right):


Now the Warlock will be getting more tweaks as she levels, I have a set of red shoulders similar to the ones on the Priest but they require level 66, and should be able to find better boots and belt once she's out of levelling gear.

I'm not that impressed with the skirt on the Priest, but I refuse to pay 1400g for a set of white trousers on my server so they will do until I find something better! I haven't actually mogged the Priest as yet as I still need better gloves and a belt, but put the outfit on for the purposes of taking the screenshots.

The entire outfits probably cost me around 250g all together. I'm a fan of just setting he AH search to cheapest and looking though until I find something I like.

Next I might try and find mogs for my Leather/Mail wearers, tho some of those are Pandas and doesn't match as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, first time reading, so I have some catching up to do, but I like your style! And great transmogs for 250g. :) I especially like the lock. She definitely has the "do not mess with me" look going for her.

    Mentioning avoiding LFR, I have a theory, that while LFR has been an amazing way for the masses to see raiding content, it has been one of the downfalls of the subscriber base because the masses are not raiders. See, there's so much to do in the game, and always has been. If you want to gear up your character to be awesomesauce, you can do that in dungeons and heroic scenarios. Raiding is fun, but really stresses some people out with its veil of necessity. I've had at least three good friends quit because they didn't want to put in the time every week to do their LFRs. If they could put in the time, they would have already have joined up with a 10 man or 25 man team.

    I know this is a little bit of a tangent from what you were talking about, but you reminded me. :)

    All the best,
    Reckles, WTBGold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that LFR is a really good thing! Without it I never would have gotten to see the end raid of Cataclysm, and then be able to join my guild raid team as I just never got to experience things like it before. I think that this expansion is a little oversaturated with it and being very alt un-friendly as well took away my previous joy of running multiple characters through LFR to gear them up :)

      Delete
  2. I love your Warlock's look, might have to steal it for mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! ^^ It's surprising how nice a lot of the cheaper gear looks on characters :)

      Delete