Monday 8 July 2013

Summer Apathy.

Its that time of year again when countless people disappear from WoW to spend it outside.

Everything seems to slow down and this year, I even find myself not logging in quite as much as I usually do. I'm not really one for taking huge breaks from WoW.

In fact the only times I've stopped playing have been when Skyrim came out, up until patch 4.3 when I cam back in time for the new heroics, and when Diablo 3 came out, but was still logging in as The Wanderers were progressing through Heroic Dragonsoul at the time.

I've seen plenty of people I've gotten to know over the years burn out and disappear, but its not something I've really experienced myself. I try different things to keep the game fresh (like playing the other faction for the first time, or new alt challenges!), though I have come close towards the end of Cataclysm when everyone got fed up I think.

At the moment, I'm quite happy bumbling along, but I'm bored of end game. I'm not raiding so not really interested in progressing my main or my other 90s any further. My hunter is on the Test of Valor quest and only needs about another 200vp, but I've only done one section of ToT LFR and not been back on her this week yet.

As I see it, I'm not going to be able to reach the end of the questline anyway as I'm not raiding, and I'm actually okay with that.

I've not been able to get any of the other legendaries so why should this expansion be any different? My DK is on the Shadowmourne track, has to go collect souls, but I can't bring myself to actually do it. My Alliance Druid is collecting the embers for the legendary staff quest line, but then I know I don't have the 9k gold she needs for the sands so I won't be doing that one either.

I don't need legendaries to help me enjoy the game, a few shinies here and there, and some vanity items, and I'm easily pleased (tho more bag/bank space to store these would be AMAZING!)

No comments:

Post a Comment