Tuesday 23 July 2013

The Kindness of Strangers

In a completely bizarre and unexpected offering, a random stranger did me a very awesome kindness yesterday.

(And although it had nothing to do with World of Warcraft, it was a game related kindness, so I'm going to share it with you good folk ^^)

As many people have been over the last week or so, I have bee following the Steam Summer Sale, and ooo'ing and ahh'ing at the prices. Current budget meant I couldn't really buy much this year so I just added a few things to my wishlist for ease of finding when funds did again allow.

I logged on yesterday morning to a random friend request on Steam, which I accepted, as half of my WoW friends are still adding me and I don't know all their usernames yet.

Queue then two lovely messages (and corresponding Steam powered emails) from this person:



That's right, this perfect stranger bought me Borderlands and Borderlands 2 just because they were on my wishlist!

This put me in a really nice mood and I intend to "pay it forward" as it were by doing nice things for people in WoW. First plan of action today is logging my tailor and making a load of bags, then I'm going to camp a starting area ^^

As for the mini milestones yesterday, all three were accomplished, although it did take me until half 1 this morning (I blame the two hours I spent on Borderlands 2, it took me far too long to get past the first "boss" xD).

I'm quite getting into this pet battling thing, not as much as some people I know, but more because it appeals to the collector in me, must own ALL the things!

I also made a new cover for my Twitter:


All my ladies together (more or less ^^)

Today's goals are to pass on the goodwill gesture that I received from a stranger and I think I shall aim to get the priest to 85 and maybe the hunter to 70 ^^ Its nice being able to be slacky just before reset day! Then doing an ICC 25 fun run tonight with some of my guild ^^

In other news, MMO Champion has found some info that you will finally be able to queue for more than one LFR at a time in 5.4 huzzah! \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment